School Board Committee Members 2021-2023
To contact the school board with your suggestions & concerns e-mail to: [email protected]
If you encounter access problems, please copy & paste this email address in your e-mail program.
The School Board is appointed by the Prelacy Board of Regents for a two year term and is composed of 5-9 members.
The School Board is accountable to the Prelacy Board of Regents and is responsible for all financial affairs of the school.
The School Board’s treasurer/accountant oversees the school’s finances.
The academic duties and responsibilities of the School Board are as follows:
- Assist the Principal in the implementation of the curriculum by developing the necessary means.
- Assist the Principal in the interpretation of school-standardized exams.
- Assist the Principal in organizing teacher education seminars and provide the school personnel with educational resources.
- Discuss with the Principal his/her performance evaluation of the faculty and staff.
- Discuses with the Principal/Director his/her evaluation of applicants to teaching and staff positions.
- Presents its performance evaluation of the Principal to the Board of Regents by the end of June. This evaluation shall be based on the guidelines established by the Board of Regents.
The financial duties and responsibilities of the School Board are as follows:
- In cooperation with the Principal, prepares the yearly budget by the end of February and determines tuition and registration fees. In developing the budget it shall consider the annual pay of the teachers and staff which should be within the guidelines established by the Board of Regents.
- Is responsible to balance the budget. To this end it shall develop plans and programs to raise funds. It cooperation with the Principal shall determine tuition discounts. Present the annual budget to the Board of Regents for approval.
- The implementation of the budget is the responsibility of the Principal and Preschool Director. The School Board ascertains that it is implemented as planned. The School Board approves any changes to the budget.
- The School Board oversees construction expenses, major purchases, renovations, care and maintenance; it receives bids and analyzes them. All expenditures exceeding $50,000.00 require the approval of the Board of Regents.
- The Board of Regents oversees all school expenditures, including accounts payable and receivable, salary, taxes and fees, insurance, retirement funds, school-parent associations, alumni affairs, and the financials of all school committees.
- The School Board initiates and oversees all fundraising activities. Funds that were raised for specific programs or projects shall be allocated only to that specific project.
- All fixed funds that were raised for specific programs or projects shall be allocated only to that specific project. Such funds shall not be used as collateral for loans. For the use of fixed funds the School board shall obtain the concurrence of the Board of Regents.
Vahe Benlian, Chairman
Garo Hovannisian, Vice Chairman
Sareen Sorfazian, Secretary and Liaison to North Hills PSC
Dr. Barouir Deirmenjian, Treasurer
Salpy Aprahamian, Liaison to Encino PSC
Alex Beylerian, Liaison to Alumni/us
Kris Demirjian, Liaison to Father's Club
Ared Menzilcian, Liaison to Armens
Cabayan & Pilavjian School Board Bio
|Mr. Vahe Benlian (Chairman) is a Real Estate Developer who received his Master's degree in Business Administration from Woodbury University. Vahe and his wife, Arda, are parents of alumnae ('17 and '19)|
|Mr. Garo Hovannisian, Esq. received his Juris Doctorate from UC Hastings College of Law. For over 25 years, Garo had been an attorney specializing in insurance coverage. Garo and his wife, Arsineh, are parents of alumnus ('19) and two current students ('22 and '28)|
|Dr. Barouir Deirmenjian received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry. As a founder and CEO of a dental group, he own and manages multiple dental offices. Barouir and his wife, Dr. Sandra Deirmenjian, are parents of two current students ('25 and '27).|
|Dr. Sareen Sorfazian has a Master's degree in Business Administration and received her Doctor of Education in Organizational Leasership from the University of La Verne. She is an Adjunct Professor and currently own and operated an e-commerce business. Sareen and her husband, Hovsep, are parents of two current students ('31 and '35)|
|Mrs. Salpy Aprahamian received her Bachelor's degree in Philosophy from California State University, Northridge. She is the President of Salara Enterprises Inc. Restaurant Group. Salpy and her husband, Ara, are parents of two currrent students ('23 and '27).|
|Mr. Kevork Artinian received his bachelor's degree in Business Administration and Management from University of Arizona. He is currently a field supervisor for insurance company. Kevork and his wife, Kelly, are parents of a future student ('40).|
|Mr. Alex Beylerian received his Bachelor's degree in Accounting from Loyola Marymount University. He is currently the COO of his family-owned manufacturing buisness. Alex and his wife, Christine, are parents of two current students ('35 and '38).|
|Mr. Kris Demirjian, Esq. received his Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School. He is the founder of Demirjian Law Firm specializing in business litigation, employment litigation, and personal injury. Kris and his wife, Alida, are parents of two current students ('34 and '26).|
Mrs. Nora Demirdjian-Kardzair, Esq. received her Juris Doctorate from the American University, Washington College of Law. She went on to receive her Master's degree in Law from Georgetown University. Nora is an Associate Area Counsel at the Internal Revenu Service. She and her husband, Raffi, are parents of two current students (28).
|Mr. Ared Menzilcian received his bachelor's degree in buisness Administration-International Finance from the University of Southern California. He is the owner of M.M. Jewelers and the managing partner of Arus, LLC. Ared and his wife, Karin, are parents of an alumna ('19) and a current student ('26).|
Mr. Armen Norendzayan and his wife, Stephanie, are parents of an alumnus ('19) and a current student ('22).