School Board Committee Members 2015-2017
Serop Beylerian, Chairman
Dr. Garo Tchakian, Secretary
Vahe Benlian, Treasurer
Leo Kassabian, M.D.
Apik Minassian, Esq.
Nigol Manoukian, Esq.
Dr. Paul Narguizian
To contact the school board with your suggestions & concerns e-mail to: email@example.com
If you encounter access problems, please copy & paste this email address in your e-mail program.
The School Board is appointed by the Prelacy Board of Regents for a two year term and is composed of 5-9 members.
The School Board is accountable to the Prelacy Board of Regents and is responsible for all financial affairs of the school.
The School Board’s treasurer/accountant oversees the school’s finances.
The academic duties and responsibilities of the School Board are as follows:
- Assist the Principal in the implementation of the curriculum by developing the necessary means.
- Assist the Principal in the interpretation of school-standardized exams.
- Assist the Principal in organizing teacher education seminars and provide the school personnel with educational resources.
- Discuss with the Principal his/her performance evaluation of the faculty and staff.
- Discuses with the Principal/Director his/her evaluation of applicants to teaching and staff positions.
- Presents its performance evaluation of the Principal to the Board of Regents by the end of June. This evaluation shall be based on the guidelines established by the Board of Regents.
The financial duties and responsibilities of the School Board are as follows:
- In cooperation with the Principal, prepares the yearly budget by the end of February and determines tuition and registration fees. In developing the budget it shall consider the annual pay of the teachers and staff which should be within the guidelines established by the Board of Regents.
- Is responsible to balance the budget. To this end it shall develop plans and programs to raise funds. It cooperation with the Principal shall determine tuition discounts. Present the annual budget to the Board of Regents for approval.
- The implementation of the budget is the responsibility of the Principal and Preschool Director. The School Board ascertains that it is implemented as planned. The School Board approves any changes to the budget.
- The School Board oversees construction expenses, major purchases, renovations, care and maintenance; it receives bids and analyzes them. All expenditures exceeding $50,000.00 require the approval of the Board of Regents.
- The Board of Regents oversees all school expenditures, including accounts payable and receivable, salary, taxes and fees, insurance, retirement funds, school-parent associations, alumni affairs, and the financials of all school committees.
- The School Board initiates and oversees all fundraising activities. Funds that were raised for specific programs or projects shall be allocated only to that specific project.
- All fixed funds that were raised for specific programs or projects shall be allocated only to that specific project. Such funds shall not be used as collateral for loans. For the use of fixed funds the School board shall obtain the concurrence of the Board of Regents.